AUBURN, Mass. – It will start to feel like the end of summer around Auburn with these back-to-school events this week:
- Football Team Gets Back to Work on Monday: Head Coach Jeff Cormier and his football squad return to the practice field on Aug. 20 to start its Division 2 Super Bowl title defense. The last time the team was on the field, the Rockets were celebrating a 7-0 Super Bowl win over Hudson to win its fourth straight Central Massachusetts title. The team’s first game is on Sept. 7 at home against Shrewsbury.
- New Teacher Orientation on Tuesday: This program is designed to welcome the new teachers to Auburn, have them introduced to all of the district's administrators, as well as allow time for mentors and protégés to meet and work together. This program will also include a "bus tour" of Auburn schools. It will be held in the Auburn High School presentation room from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Julia Bancroft Elementary School Ice Cream Social for Students and Families on Wednesday: Attendees should bring a blanket to enjoy this ice cream social and reconnect with Julia Bancroft families and friends before the school year begins on Aug. 29. It will be held at the Julia Bancroft playground from 3-4 p.m.
- Bryn Mawr and Mary D. Stone Kindergarten Orientation on Thursday: This event is to become better acquainted with the Bryn Mawr and Mary D. Stone School programs, visit your child’s classroom and have your child take a bus ride to learn more about bus safety. This is also an opportunity to ask questions if you have any. The Bryn Mawr program goes from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Bryn Mawr cafeteria. The Mary D. Stone program goes from 11 a.m. to noon at the Mary D. Stone cafeteria.
- Bryn Mawr Elementary School Ice Cream Social for Students and Families on Thursday: The Bryn Mawr ice cream social will take place on the Bryn Mawr field from 3-4 p.m.
- All Other Fall High School Sports Hold First Day of Preseason on Thursday: The football team gets to hit the practice field on Monday, and then all other fall high school sports get to join on Aug. 23. These teams include boys soccer, girls soccer, golf, field hockey, boys cross country, girls cross country and cheerleading.