AUBURN, Mass. – The town of Auburn has openings on boards and commissions, and Town Manager Julie Jacobson is looking to fill these spots as soon as possible.
As of the beginning of July, seven boards, commissions and committees had vacant seats, and the town of Auburn is seeking applications from interested residents for:
• Two open seats on the Dr. Arthur and Dr. Martha Pappas Recreation Complex Oversight Committee;
• Two open seats on the Economic Development Committee;
• Three open seats on the Historical Commission;
• One open seat on the Open Space Committee;
• Two open seats on the Parks, Recreation and Cemetery Committee;
• Three open seats on the Youth Commission;
• One open seat on the Zoning Board of Appeals; and
- One open seat on the Conservation Commission
The town manager is “seeking dedicated volunteers who are willing to commit their time and effort to serve as members of these important boards, commissions, and committees. Serving in this capacity is an excellent way to contribute to the quality of life of the community and to play an active role in government.”
Unless otherwise indicated, applicants must be residents of Auburn and must be registered voters.
Applications are available to be filled out online at the town website, or hard copies can be downloaded and sent to the town manager’s office at 102 Central St.
Applications will be kept on file for one year. After one year, a new application must be submitted for consideration.