AUBURN, Mass. -The Auburn Chamber of Commerce is encouraging all chamber members to donate an item for inclusion in their 50th Anniversary time capsule.
The Chamber unveiled the time capsule built by students at Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School on April 12 at their anniversary celebration.
"We hope that in 50 years when the capsule is exhumed that it will positively reflect the business community in our year 2012," Director of Chamber Services Eleanor F. Houbre said.
Guidelines for eligible items include:
- Photographs - Black and white photographs; photographs should be processed on fiber based paper if possible; use only soft lead pencils to label photograph - ink will stain and change over time; put in acid free envelopes or sleeves.
- Miscellaneous Papers / Books - Inside acid free folders or boxes or in Mylar D- (polyester) sleeves.
- Business Cards - Put in acid free envelopes or sleeves.
- Premiums / Articles related to your business - Articles must not be made of ineligible materials
- Newsprint - Photocopy newspaper articles onto archival quality paper and enclose them in Mylar- D envelopes.
The Chamber will supply the appropriate Mylar and Acid Free Sleeves for both 8 ½ x 11 and 11 x 17 paper and photos. Make sure all items fit within the size provided.
For a list of other eligible and additional guidelines contact the Chamber at 508-753-2924 or email@example.com
Participants may drop off time capsule items at the Auburn Town Hall – Recreation Department at 102 Central Street, Auburn. Deadline for entries is Friday, May 18.
Any item submitted for the time capsule is subject to final approval by the Chamber Board.
The Chamber will hold a ceremony on June 9 at 9 a.m. to bury the capsule at Goddard Memorial Park located on the grounds of the Auburn Fire Station at Drury Square.