AUBURN, Mass. — The stars of Auburn will soon have their moments to shine on the dance floor with Sally McDermott Dance Center's Dancing in the Stars of Auburn event set for Saturday, Feb. 9.
The charity event raises funds to support Auburn Youth and Family Services and its mission of promoting the healthy development of youth and families in Auburn.
The event has already drawn participants from around the community, with local celebrities ranging from Selectman Denise Brotherton to Fire Chief Stephen Coleman to pair up with area dance teachers for the "International Amore" themed competion.
"This year we're very lucky to have someone from almost every department in town," said Maureen Kennedy, a member of the Auburn Youth and Family Services board of directors.
This year's line-up of dancers includes:
1. SMDC Dance Teacher Heather Gough and UPS Store owner Alexander Diaz.
2. SMDC Dance Teacher Michelle Duclos and Auburn Fire Chief Stephen Coleman.
3. SMDC Dance Teacher Sarah Nugent and Auburn Police Department Officer Anthony Donahue.
4. SMDC Dance Teacher Kat Damian and Auburn Middle School Teacher Sean Sullivan.
5. SMDC Dance Teacher Nadine Zona and Paul Mackintire.
6. SMDC Dance Teacher Caitlin Foley and David Bellerose, director of Britton Funeral Home.
7. SMDC Dance Teacher Carrie Callahan and Auburn Building Commissioner Nick Antanavica.
8. Arthur Murray Dance Teacher Ben Champagne and Dr. Nancy DeTora.
9. Auburn Board of Selectman Denise Brotherton and Assistant DPW Director Jeff Mitchell.
The evening will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a cocktail reception and meet and with the dancers.
Tickets may be purchased by contacting Sheryl Spafford at 508-832-5707, ext. 10 or email@example.com, or by visiting AYFS at 21 Pheasant Court in Auburn. Hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dancing With Stars of Auburn will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 9 at Sally McDermott Dance Centers in Auburn, located at 421 Washington Street.