WORCESTER, Mass. - Expanded commuter rail service on the Worcester/Framingham line will begin Oct. 29.
The expansion is prompted by the agreement signed earlier this month with CSX Corporation that gave the state ownership of the tracks and control of operations along the Framingham/Worcester line.
Massachusetts Bay Commuter Rail will add three trains outbound from South Station to Worcester and three inbound to South Station from Worcester.
The new trains include:
- Train 511 - Departs South Station 10:30 a.m., arrives in Southborough 11:38 a.m., Westborough 11:46 a.m., Grafton 11:51 a.m., Worcester 12:05 p.m.
- Train 515 - Departs South Station 1:15 p.m., arrives in Southborough 2:19 p.m., Westborough 2:28 p.m., Grafton 2:34 p.m., Worcester 2:48 p.m.
- Train 539 – Departs South Station 11:25 p.m., arrives in Southborough 12:32 a.m., Westborough 12:41 a.m., Grafton 12:47 a.m. and Worcester 1:01 a.m.
- Train 520 – Departs Worcester/Union Station 12:20 p.m., arrives in Grafton 12:33 p.m., Westborough 12:37 p.m., Southborough 12:46 p.m., South Station 1:55 p.m.
- Train 522 – Departs Worcester/Union Station 2:10 p.m., arrives in Grafton 2:23 p.m., Westborough 2:27 p.m., Southborough 2:36 p.m., South Station 3:45 p.m.
- Train 538 – Departs Worcester/Union Station 9:30 p.m., arrives in Grafton 9:42 p.m., Westborough 9:46 p.m., Southborough 9:54 p.m., South Station 11 p.m.
There will be no changes to the current weekend service. For more information, as well as updated online schedules for the Worcester/Framingham line, visit www.MBCR.net.